mercoledì 15 maggio 2013

Kelin - Ermek Tursunov

film di una bellezza antica, di quando il cinema è solo immagine (bellissima), non ci sono parole, eppure la storia è chiara e senza tempo.
natura, animali e umani sono in lotta e in equilibrio.
un film che non si dimentica - Ismaele



…The themes of this film encompass the nomadic culture, shamanism, cult burials, to symbolism about female figures being the head of the household.  In reference to the shamanistic cult burial in Kelin, it is all about being one.  The film is set in the second century, although it could have also been set in 400 BC. The allegorical meaning and symbolism of family life in rural Kazakhstan fills this movie up to the brim and I felt like I was transported into another place and time, a very foreign area and I was deeply immersed while I was watching this film.  I would say that Kelin is one of the most culturally concentrated films I’ve seen all year and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in seeing it.

…It surpassed my highest expectations. Cinematography is astonishingly beautiful and it manages to convey a complex and very emotional story without use of any dialog in a way that feels natural. There is a scant info about this film online (and the bluray is free of any extras). I found that the story supposedly takes place in Altay mountains in the fourth century AD. The film had its international premiere at Toronto Film Festival in 2009 and was nominated for Oscar in 2010…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento