lunedì 8 aprile 2013

Mandy (Mandy la piccola sordomuta) - Alexander Mackendrick

uno di quei film inglesi anni '50, sceneggiatura solida, attori ben diretti, dramma e una bambina, con genitori e maestro intorno, finisce bene.
si vede bene - Ismaele



I have not seen this movie since I was a child, I am now 40 years old, but it still comes back to me. I loved this movie. I may have seen it twice as I remember it so well. I think it impressed upon me the ability children have to shine through adversity, and the need to believe that they really can make it, if given the right encouragement, in the right way, at the time that is right for them! I think it was a well acted and well thought out story line, with a heart rending performance by Mandy Miller. I would dearly love to see this movie again!

Alexander Mackendrick was chiefly known for his wry comedies (The Man in the White Suit, Whisky Galore); this 1952 film was one of his rare forays into drama, and it shows him the master of an understated but highly charged style. What seems at first a typical problem drama of the period--a mother's attempts to secure some kind of education for her deaf daughter--is revealed as only the central image in a more general evocation of the failures of communication in the British family structure. The vivid performances Mackendrick elicits from his players (Phyllis Calvert, Mandy Miller) combine with a subjective camera style to create one of the few emotionally demanding experiences in the British cinema.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento